Confidence. How does it develop and are we naturally born with it?
It’s been three years since I made the career change and the more I learn the more I realize how little I know. In the beginning I was terrified. Sure, I loved working out and I studied my ass off to get certified, but I knew nothing about teaching someone how to do an exercise properly. Fast forward to today, I am now over a thousand sessions into my training career and am grateful to God that I continue to fall more in love with what I do. I think about all the people that I have met and my heart is filled with so much love. That doesn’t mean that all is always good. I still have my moments. I still have my doubts. Am I doing enough and if so, how can I be better?
To become a master at something doesn’t happen overnight. The title needs to be earned. How? Practice. You have to do something repeatedly and do it yourself in order to teach it. I don’t go out of my scope of practice but I continue to challenge myself with new things so like anything, I can master the movements and become a master at my craft. It is now that I’m beginning to realize how many more people I want to reach and if it’s my destiny to do that.
In order for a dream to come to life you have to believe. You have to believe that all the lows and highs in life has given you the experience to follow your passions. It’s never too late. I feel that people often put so much pressure on themselves and lose focus of what makes them unique. Everyone on this planet has their own quirks. What makes them them and if you have the freedom to do that then you’re fucking lucky. FREEDOM is so powerful. Don’t waste what you’ve got and be aware of the things you need to work on and then work on it. Don’t think about it, just do it. That’s how you get shit done. Remember that nobody is perfect.
Now with all of that has been said, here are five things that I have learned as I continue to master my life’s journey.
- Don’t be afraid - Fear continues to creep up on me in all of my decision making but what is there to be afraid of? If you continue to search and take action in reaching your goals you will eventually accomplish them. Maybe not in the way that you thought but you will carry over that life experience into the next.
- Be Vulnerable - Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are tons of things that I still don’t know and there are so many people that are willing to help! If you’re thinking about leaving your career, contact some of the people that have done it and ask for their advice. Being vulnerable is a strength not a weakness, so use it wisely.
- Surround Yourself with Like Minded People- It may sound selfish but how are you supposed to develop as a person if you don’t surround yourself with people that embody qualities that inspire you to be better when you’re around them. Why wouldn’t anyone want that? If you’re having trouble doing that, look up local clubs or online communities that have similar core values. Follow people that inspire you on instagram. Make social media a positive experience.
- Begin the day with a new quote or affirmation- I wake up and read daily quotes. Either I’m feeling a certain way and google a word with images for inspiration or I look on instagram. I follow loads of quote instas and highly recommend it.
- Believe! - You have to believe in yourself if you want to be happy! You have to be your biggest cheerleader. We all have demons to battle and you are never alone in that! You can do anything and be anything that you want as long as you believe you are worthy of it. Guess what? YOU ARE.
“Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen. Struggle on it. Overcome your fears. Smile. Don’t you forget: this is your dream.” - Brendon Burchard
Hugs and health- Mishy